GDPR TRAINING MAY
The New EU General Data Protection Regulation Training by Certified Practitioners
WHAT IS GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). It becomes enforceable from 25th May 2018 and directly replaces the Data Protection Act. Failure to adhere to GDPR could see businesses attract fines up to 4% of rheir global annual turnover.
GDPR Training Courses and Consultancy
Companies want to know what they need to do to meet GDPR specifications. By going on our training courses or undergoing in-house training, it gives your organisation everything you need from a legal and compliance perspective right the way through to guidelines, resources, policies, processes, data protection, data governance, cyber security, cyber resilience and incident response. It also includes practical steps to implement GDPR and a very useful checklist. We have trained over 500 companies to date and provided consultancy services to over half of those, our feedback is fantastic and all our attendees state how extensive and interactive our courses are. Our trainers are GDPR Practitioners and their knowledge and experience is very vast.
How are the courses delivered?
At our classroom venues UK wide GDPR Foundation is £399 per person plus VAT and GDPR Practitioner is £499 per person plus VAT. Online (live via webcam) £299 per person plus VAT In House (at your premises, for 15+ people) £990 plus VAT
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
All course slides, guidelines, practical guides, resources, checklist, exam and certification if pass grade of 75% or higher is achieved.
WHO IS IT IDEAL FOR?
GDPR affects many areas of the business from general management, HR, Marketing, IT, Compliance, Risk or any part of the business handling data. For any roles that are customer facing e.g. Sales, Customer Services, Customer Support, Complaints, Reception etc. a cut-down version of the GDPR Foundation Course can be provided which lasts approx. 1-1.5hrs.
ANY COURSE PRE-REQUISITES?
None recommended as all information will be provided on the course.
SUGGESTED FOLLOW-ON COURSES
GCHQ certified Cyber Security, Agile Methodologies, COBIT, ISO27001.
ISO27001, Cyber Essentials and COBIT
Please see below an overview of course content or for more information call us now on 0333 666 4446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Overview of GDPR, it's background, terminology and what it means.
- What's new and the difference between the existing Data Protection Act.
- Key implementation and compliance areas.
- Data subjects, responding to and dealing with individuals exercising their data protection rights including time limits.
- Marketing departments and handling data appropriately.
- Human Resources departments and handling data appropriately.
- Key steps to implementing GDPR including:
- - Privacy by design
- - Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA's)
- - Protecting your business and adequate security tools
- - Training, competence and staff awareness requirements.
- - The role of a DPO (Data Protection Officer), Data Processors and Data Controllers.
- - Incident Response, breach reporting and business continuity options and requirements.
- - Updating policies, procedures and documenting processes now and ongoing.
- Effective data security management.
- International data transfers and third party agreements.
- Related compliance areas including Safe Harbour, PCI DSS, Cyber Essentials/Plus, ISO27001 and Penetration Testing.
What happens after the training?
For further assistance with GDPR, we provide a number of consulting services as follows: